• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#61 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

I like graphman's suggestion. Would be cool if easily done. Each designer could choose the background color they want behind their thumbnails (they could choose to leave it white, change to gray or change to black).

• sharie, EcoDesigns and graphman like this

“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle” – Winston Churchill

#62 Ridder

Ridder

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

A suggestion.. attached file

Execuse me eximius!

And I don't support graphman's suggestion. I think we should stick to DC overall theme. We might end with strange colors themes. Profiles should have a united theme, I thinks.

Attached Files

#63 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

syyar  you can already do that, make copies of your  designs, make the jpg of required size and upload that image

Like us on facebook

#64 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

It's looking nice and it's good to see the missing medals back.

There are a couple of problems remaining

1) As ECOdesigns said the medals in the winning entries tab are "all mixed up". Please take a closer look. Mine go gold, silver, bronze, gold, silver, bronze.
I can make a screenshot if you like but it's clear to see from my profile.

2)Portfolio tab is in front of winning entries tab and we cant move them.. Winning entries should be first, this was one of the most common complaints about the previous version of the portfolio.
tabs-01.png

3) All  medal winning designs in the portfolio tab are displayed as gold medals.
portfolio-medals.png

#65 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

A suggestion.. attached file

Execuse me eximius!

And I don't support graphman's suggestion. I think we should stick to DC overall theme. We might end with strange colors themes. Profiles should have a united theme, I thinks.

Each designer now has the option to customize their own cover banner/header on their portfolio page. Several designers have already done it. I look forward to seeing everyone's creative banners. :)

I believe graphman was referring to the background color behind the thumbnails on individual designers' portfolio pages. Would basically be like a mat in a frame - we could choose whether we want the background to be either white, gray or black on our own individual folio page.

I do think if we are able to do this, that only 3 solid color options should be available (such as white, gray or black) and not offer textures or a rainbow of colors or images. That would start to look very busy.

• Oleksandrm and graphman like this

#66 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

@Gary~ This is the way the medals are being organized per Oleksandrm. So that would explain why some golds are showing up below bronze:

"4) You can move designs at any tab except winning - there are such order => NON PRIVATE contests => Gold by date, silver by date, bronze by date =>PRIVATE contests => Gold by date, silver by date, bronze by date. Private medals are hidden with LOCK image if you are not logged in."

• GJR likes this

#67 EcoDesigns

EcoDesigns

• Designer
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

Wow Gary, great catch! Yes, all medals (silver & bronze) are showing up as gold on the 'portfolio tab'

3) All  medal winning designs in the portfolio tab are displayed as gold medals&&0){for(var>

• PaintedPony, Oleksandrm and graphman like this

#68 Ridder

Ridder

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the replys; I was referring to add "Contest Holders' reviews" in addition to the "Client's (1-on-1) reviews". Because I think DC is much about contests. Sorry I didn't explain before.

syyar  you can already do that, make copies of your  designs, make the jpg of required size and upload that image

Each designer now has the option to customize their own cover banner/header on their portfolio page. Several designers have already done it. I look forward to seeing everyone's creative banners. :)

I believe graphman was referring to the background color behind the thumbnails on individual designers' portfolio pages. Would basically be like a mat in a frame - we could choose whether we want the background to be either white, gray or black on our own individual folio page.

I do think if we are able to do this, that only 3 solid color options should be available (such as white, gray or black) and not offer textures or a rainbow of colors or images. That would start to look very busy.

Yes I see I believe graphman was referring to the background color behind the thumbnails. I think it's too much customization :) I'd like to keep the main DC theme.

And PaintedPony, you need to shorten your "About me"; It's limited. We found another thing to complain about :)

I still can't add image to the post! even from more reply options.

Attached Files

• PaintedPony likes this

#69 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for the replys; I was referring to add "Contest Holders' reviews" in addition to the "Client's (1-on-1) reviews". Because I think DC is much about contests. Sorry I didn't explain before.

Yes I see I believe graphman was referring to the background color behind the thumbnails. I think it's too much customization :) I'd like to keep the main DC theme.

And PaintedPony, you need to shorten your "About me"; It's limited. We found another thing to complain about :)

I still can't add image to the post! even from more reply options.

I got a hug for you.

#70 Ridder

Ridder

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

I got a hug for you.

:D

Or you can just tell me how to insert image into a post.

#71 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

Thanks Sharie. Great work on the pages guys! Look awesome! I attached a sample of the background color edit I was talking about. It kinda gives the thumbs a pop.

samplenew_zpswbgb3dxx.jpg

Got it. Hmm, we will think about this too :) Nice suggestion.

• graphman likes this

#72 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

Wow Gary, great catch! Yes, all medals (silver & bronze) are showing up as gold on the 'portfolio tab'

Great! Nice catch. Would be fixed.

#73 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

I noticed if you click on the 'skills' under your header/banner, designers can confirm your skills. That's cool. :)

• sharie, Oleksandrm and EcoDesigns like this

#74 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

yep there are some super neat features with these new profiles, the more you guys look around and play the more you find and will love

• PaintedPony likes this

Like us on facebook

#75 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Checkout our article in blog Anastasia tried to explain some key features :)  Comments are welcomed too :) 

• PaintedPony likes this

#76 EcoDesigns

EcoDesigns

• Designer
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Great article Anastasia Kulik. Very Helpful! I really like the customize your own page option.

@Oleksandrm, my profile still doesn't have the reviews from One-on-ones. Is this still under development?

Checkout our article in blog Anastasia tried to explain some key features :)  Comments are welcomed too :)

#77 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

@Gary~ This is the way the medals are being organized per Oleksandrm. So that would explain why some golds are showing up below bronze:

"4) You can move designs at any tab except winning - there are such order => NON PRIVATE contests => Gold by date, silver by date, bronze by date =>PRIVATE contests => Gold by date, silver by date, bronze by date. Private medals are hidden with LOCK image if you are not logged in."

Thanks PP for clarity. this solution is not ideal though. When the medals are visible then they should be displayed in the correct order. Also many of the designs "hidden" have been visible in the past, some for over a year so it not right for them to be hidden now. Is there any chance this will be fixed?

Also, will we be able to move the tabs as requested?

Thanks.

--------- Edit -----------

In the blog it shows that we can reorganise the tabs so that winning entries are first:

https://designcontes....ZQ3KKi1uoT.jpg

:confused:

• PaintedPony and EcoDesigns like this

#78 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

Guys  go to profile page and enter your skills so we can confirm your skills   :)  other designers can confirm these skills as well

• PaintedPony and EcoDesigns like this

Like us on facebook

#79 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

Another question - I know we can add designs from the my designs page ( which is great :) ) but are designs also automatically added to the portfolio tab as they were previously?

• Babba and PaintedPony like this

#80 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:31 PM

Love seeing all the skills listed on the profiles  :)

my request that could be useful  is to have ability  to click on username from here (the forum) and go to that user/member profile

• Babba, PaintedPony, graphman and 1 other like this

Like us on facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users