&nsbp;

#21 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36681 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

Thank you Olek!!!

With these I am trying to help you out and also to learn about the newest upgrade.

So, I have another thing to report :D
Previously in my comment I left 2 links of my designs, but I had to delete them (edit the comment), when I figured out that my profile left open along with it, even when I logged out for a minute.
To be more clearer: I left urls of my 2 different designs for you to see the issue. After posting it, I clicked on them, and they opened with my personal profile, settings, etc... I logged out to see if I can still see it (since this is public thread), and every one could see it and go or edit my whole profile.
Can you check that also, please?

#22 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36681 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

I also think, blind contests are not blind on designer's portfolio for others to see.

#23 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36681 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Olek, I have just edited your quoted reply and mine also which contained the link I had provided earlier, as it was still led to my open profile/account for everyone, even when I was logged out.

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Olek, I have just edited your quoted reply and mine also which contained the link I had provided earlier, as it was still led to my open profile/account for everyone, even when I was logged out.

Could you please come in to the chat?

#25 DCreations

DCreations

• Designer
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Hi, i want to join a of the contest, but i cant view the contest because its stuck when i will click it. i found the link has a grey color sign, it say "This website does not supply identity information". i dont know what to do. can you help me about this. its my pleasure to hear your advice. thank you

kind regards
Junifer

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hi, i want to join a of the contest, but i cant view the contest because its stuck when i will click it. i found the link has a grey color sign, it say "This website does not supply identity information". i dont know what to do. can you help me about this. its my pleasure to hear your advice. thank you

kind regards
Junifer

Please, try to use website with WWW.designcontest.com.

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

One on one should be fixed for all designers.

#28 josephope

josephope

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

The new website is much much better than before.

The navigation is easier and looks faster. Also on submitting designs.

I have requested a chat on the chat support icon, nobody id online, it goes offline on my email but until now about 12 hours past has no reply. Perhaps you are busy on the fixing the site bugs so I understand the delay. But what if it does not reached to you or gone because of the new site bugs? I think you need to check this as well to help designers and new clients access information.

Thanks, and may this will help us all!

#29 Iridith

Iridith

• Designer
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hey,

I know that you are working hard on fixing all the bugs on the new site. Seeing how the contests look now I would have 2 requests that don't have to be done now, but would make my life as a designer much easier.

1 - Eliminated entries:

I don't know about others, but when I have an idea for a logo and want to join a contest the first thing I do is check if someone else haven't already submitted a similar concept. Checking rated/unrated entries is easy, it gets harder with the eliminated ones. On the old site it was a bit hard to do, but as each eliminated entry had a number associated with it I could just type it in the URL if I had problems figuring out how the logo looks like. Now there is absolutely no way for me to check the eliminated entries and I can easily be reported for copying a design I didn't know about. It would be really nice if I could see the eliminated entry by moving my cursor over it (the "ELIMINATED" layer would disappear and I could view it like the other entries).

2 - Contest Holder:

Please, please, please pretty please with sugar on top bring back the pop-up that showed if the CH is online and when he/she was online last time, when you moved your cursor over the CH's name. It was really helpful to know if the CH checks his/her own contest often when deciding if I want to join it.

Thank you for hearing me out :)

Cheers,
Iridith

#30 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36681 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

testing link: https://www.designco...ulive/entry/27/

#31 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

Help link from Me -> Help doesn't work. How to check ticket's status??

Sasha, don't you think you should thoroughly test the new engine before going online, especially with a such amount of users and traffic driven to DC??

#32 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Blind contests. We're not able to see ratings for the blinded entries anymore. Impossible to track the progress and CH's involvement of the process. Please fix that.

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Help link from Me -> Help doesn't work. How to check ticket's status??

Sasha, don't you think you should thoroughly test the new engine before going online, especially with a such amount of users and traffic driven to DC??

Nice catch, fixing.

We wanted to deliver to you a lot of new and useful features AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, so, still may find some bugs. Asking your help for finding them. I believe that we would fix them soon and will start work on new functionality, to attract more clients for you, guys.

#34 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

It would be nice to see some kind of a changelog for the new version. I don't see much difference in functionality now between this version and the previous. A facelift, a new design is nice, but everything else became more complicated, more clicks more time to wait.. Couple things I like – I can finally see all contests I participated in and track submitted entries; I can anytime withdraw my entries (thank you!)...

The following crucial things we asked you were not implemented, at least I can't find them right now:

# substantial modification to the rating system and with community points explained earlier
# rewritten decent logo court system and proper notifications
# solve issues with comments in blind contests (blind contest comments are visible until you submit your first entry)
# multiple uploads (haven't tested yet)
# penalties and kick out from a contest for violator
# contest status, when contest started, when CH last logged, refund and money back notifications
# blind phase for ALL contests for the first 20-40 entries (https://www.designco...great-idea.html) with the proper marks for the first submitted entries
# new users pre-moderation
# option to give designers 2nd and 3d place tips to encourage more designers to participate
# $20-$30 participation payment for the best entry in abandoned contest (you should take some risks guys, we invest our time in this..)
# update on brief modifications
# portfolio entries (see request: https://www.designco...-portfolio.html)
# reduce size for the logo contest entry in order to minimize amount of mock-ups (350x280 is the best). This will give a nice and clean layout.

UPD: # ability to withdraw an entry from the full view
UPD2: # ability to withdraw ALL entries form the contest
more to come..

Edited by eximius, 09 September 2014 - 06:51 PM.
UPD

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

Blind contests. We're not able to see ratings for the blinded entries anymore. Impossible to track the progress and CH's involvement of the process. Please fix that.

Yeah, we had few requests about it, already added a tsp to bug tracker.

Thank you.

#36 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Forum posts the same messages twice :)

#37 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

Forgot to say thank you for the mobile version! Thanks.
  • Oleksandrm likes this

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

It would be nice to see some kind of a changelog for the new version. I don't see much difference in functionality now between this version and the previous. A facelift, a new design is nice, but everything else became more complicated, more clicks more time to wait.. Couple things I like – I can finally see all contests I participated in and track submitted entries; I can anytime withdraw my entries (thank you!)...

The following crucial things we asked you were not implemented, at least I can't find them right now:

# substantial modification to the rating system and with community points explained earlier
# rewritten decent logo court system and proper notifications
# solve issues with comments in blind contests (blind contest comments are visible until you submit your first entry)
# multiple uploads (haven't tested yet)
# penalties and kick out from a contest for violator
# contest status, when contest started, when CH last logged, refund and money back notifications
# blind phase for ALL contests for the first 20-40 entries (https://www.designco...great-idea.html) with the proper make for the first submitted entries
# new users pre-moderation
# option to give designers 2nd and 3d place tips to encourage more designers to participate
# $20-$30 participation payment for the best entry in abandoned contest (you should take some risks guys, we invest our time in this..)
# update on brief modifications
# portfolio entries (see request: https://www.designco...-portfolio.html)
# reduce size for the logo contest entry in order to minimize amount of mock-ups (350x280 is the best). This will give a nice and clean layout.

more to come..

First paragraph from you with nice words :) Thank you that you appreciated our work.

The next big update would be for designers profile, level system and designers portfolio. I think we would listen to our designers and would create it in a best way.

- you would got an onsite notification if you would get an infraction. Also all your infractions are stored in one place - infractions tab;
- bling comments - still fixing, thank you for the bug report;
- multiply uploads - its not a problem for developers, we think this kind of functionality would create a swamp instead of contest;
- contest holder could block you from submitting entries to his/her contest (we would think about making this feature for mods and admins);
- I`ll think about blind phase, sorry hand`t time to take a look on that forum thread.
- how do you suggest to pre moderate new users? We ask about email confirmation and designers test (would be reworked soon);
- # option to give designers 2nd and 3d place tips to encourage more designers to participate - done
- # update on brief modifications - done
- portfolio entries - you may remove and upload any entries yourself - next big update would give you some interesting features, i promise.
- reduce size for the logo contest entry - I`ll think about it.

Thank you for the great feedback!

#39 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

UPD:
# ability to withdraw an entry from the full view
# ability to withdraw ALL entries form the particular contest in one click
# ability to select entries from the My Designs page to perform a withdraw in one click

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

UPD:
# ability to withdraw an entry from the full view
# ability to withdraw ALL entries form the particular contest in one click
# ability to select entries from the My Designs page to perform a withdraw in one click

This is not an "I Wish" topic :) I`m sure that new features would be created faster now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users