&nsbp;

#1 amiteb

amiteb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Hello Friends,

i given an interview for the post of web designer. they asked some questions and i am sharing it with you one by one. if any body have right answer plz reply.

1. How do you optimize a website’s assets?
2. What are three ways to reduce page load time?
3. What kind of things must you be wary of when design or developing for multilingual sites?

#2 elderitch

elderitch

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

check for cache, make ur assets as lightweight as possible, do not use inline CSS or javascript in ur code, use minimum markup maximum content. If all this dosent work u need to change ur server.

#3 carmelmiller

carmelmiller

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

Hi there,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. How do you optimize a website's assets?

Ans: In order to optimize your website's assets you need to understand the basic optimization rules. the basics include that you should decrease download sizes and make fewer http requests. For optimizing the website's assets you should use the following techniques:

• Name the assets
  • Use a content delivery network
  • Host assets on different domains but reduce dns lookups
  • Place assets on a cookie-free domain and split the assets among domains
  • Use CSS Sprites
  • Disable etags

The above methods will be useful in reducing the page load time as well. Along with this, you should resize elements before they are uploaded into the HTML to reduce the page load time. I would also like to add that in order to get a job as a web designer in any reputed website design company it is very important that you understand these aspects of designing properly. Optimization of a website is an important part of web development.

• GJR likes this

#4 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

along with the above:

Avoid landing page redirects
Enable compression
Improve server response time
Leverage browser caching (set far future expires headers for all cache-able resources)
Optimize images (check this https://tinypng.com/)
Optimize CSS Delivery 
Prioritize visible content 
Remove render-blocking JavaScript
Use asynchronous scripts

you can also use server side optimisers like this: https://developers.g...agespeed/module

#5 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

regarding designing multilingual sites the big thing is the length of blocks of text (This is also true of any content managed websites).  You need to allow room for the variation in text length which occurs in translation.  

you also need to make sure that design elements are language independent.  text in images won't work and clever wordplay in images won't work. When choosing colours you may also consider cultural differences. 

regarding developing multilingual web sites, there's so many considerations on a technical level that I wouldn't know where to begin but  probably what they want to hear is character encoding(should use UTF-8) and SEO considerations such as url format and meta data.  

#6 mrchannygames

mrchannygames

• Client
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for information!

#7 Xamirapeterson

Xamirapeterson

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 10:58 AM

I had similar questions in the interview, thank you

#8 pillim574

pillim574

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 02:08 PM

the answer to the third question is to make the site adaptive for a tablet, laptop, PC. Well, before development, it is advisable to make a site layout or a sketch to draw all the details

#9 etra43974

etra43974

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 08:51 AM

I wonder if you were hired then, and how the interview went, because a lot of time has passed. At that time, I was hindered by my studies to become a developer, but later I started using help https://writingbros....ples/introvert/ and my success went up. It was the same in programming. Then I started to study web design, but that's a completely different story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users