Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Starting up with designing(need reviews)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

hi all i am not a professional just a 17yo starting out....i love designing.
i dont know ive upload like 30 logos...none of them got rated....so here are 2 of which i think are the best.....need evaluation!!

Attached File  dwadwa.png   41.57KB   88 downloads

god bless yall!

#2 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Attached File  Untitledfasa.png   42.22KB   91 downloads

#3 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10120[/ATTACH]

I like the first one. The second bull's head doesn't quite look like a bull for me. I like the minimalistic form of the font, maybe this ® sign is a little too big. And I would maybe made this bull a little smaller. And I think there's something wrong with the quality. But I'm not sure if it's because of this preview image. Is this bull's head vector?

#4 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

no its not...actually i am new with vectors stuff and moving on from the raster software ive been using for years,has been real tough for me....btw thanks for you feedback,appreciate it :):o

#5 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well then, vectors are the solution here:) it's not that hard, you'll get it:)

#6 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

yup,thats what i am here for,:) to learn....thankx...:o

#7 HiDesign

HiDesign

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

learning vector graphics is not that hard, plenty of free resources/videos available in web. :)

#8 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

yes ive been doing vectors recently....ill get the hang of it in sometime i guess :)

#9 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Just a word of caution, thin fonts like this one aren't always the best to use for logos. So be careful :eek:

#10 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

^^^ Will keeep that in mind :)

#11 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

congrats on your recent wins routh. That inspire greatness logo turned out looking nice in the end once you removed the gradients.

Just be careful with the hair thin fonts, you don't need to make them too much heavier but you can add a little bit of weight by adding a thin stroke.

Vast improvement though mate, very impressive, keep going and there will be a lot of gold for you!

#12 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

hey gjr thanks,i am learning and the credit goes to you all,the thin fonts..i personally love them (ios 7/win 8 influence):p and you are right most people dont like it that thin.......and hey thanks you sure are one of the nicest people ive met here....thanks again

#13 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Routh - that's kind of you to say!

Regarding thin fonts - it's not a matter of taste - I like thin fonts too, but they are not good for logos when you do not know all of the circumstances in which they will be used. Google the reasons :)

Take the outlook logo as an example - you will see that although they sometimes use thin fonts for screen, the font on the official logo is actually much heavier. I think you'll find this is the case for all.

If you use thin fonts in your logo designs then it would be best to supply the CH with a thicker alternative as well.

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think the major problem with thin fonts is when it comes to any kind of printing. I had a client dead set on a thin font....ok did as client requested then comes time for some vinyl cutting....HA no way. guess who had to pay more to fix this issue! This fonts are impossible to read from a distance and with logos this is an absolute must when you have signage on cars/trucks buildings, they might be ok for the web but in real life they need the extra stroke or shadowing or something....

Like us on facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users