• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 idesgn

idesgn

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi all,
Is there a way to automatically generate an image like attached with logo file in hand.
If not automatically then how?
ThanksAttached File  21828917~29bb3d8de8bc451c6970e76f9ed3201c3c226a74-original.jpg   144.67KB   175 downloads
Image above source is 99designs

#2 openstudioeu

openstudioeu

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi,
the best way I know is to use Adobe Photoshop and command 'Place' - it's not fully automated, but you can save a lot of time if using in a smart way...

1. You need a good, clean picture of empty branding elements - you can draw them in vectors/ take a picture/ buy or whatever... sth like this:
Attached File  stock-photo-blank-business-cards-stack-up-on-grey-background-128615063.jpg   14.22KB   693 downloads

You can make a composition of several, typical appliances, like business card, T-shirt, letter, envelope etc.

2. After opening the file in Photoshop, use File->Place to place a logo over your business card, in example.

The logo should be in vector format, I'm using PDF, it should be just logo, without background etc.

3. Photoshop creates Smart Object containg your logo - this enables you to easily update content of that Object later, so you can use it as a template.

3. Transform your Smart Object (logo) to fit the right angle and scale (Cmd+T on Mac, Ctrl+T on Win), so it looks natural.

4. If you save this as a .PSD file for later use, then you can easily replace content of Smart Object, just go to Layers palette, find appropriate layer/object, right click and select Replace (or Update, don't remember...).

Hope it helped!

#3 idesgn

idesgn

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Wow man that's a detailed reply, thanks for sharing. :)

#4 darianjc

darianjc

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi,
the best way I know is to use Adobe Photoshop and command 'Place' - it's not fully automated, but you can save a lot of time if using in a smart way...

1. You need a good, clean picture of empty branding elements - you can draw them in vectors/ take a picture/ buy or whatever... sth like this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9877[/ATTACH]

You can make a composition of several, typical appliances, like business card, T-shirt, letter, envelope etc.

2. After opening the file in Photoshop, use File->Place to place a logo over your business card, in example.

The logo should be in vector format, I'm using PDF, it should be just logo, without background etc.

3. Photoshop creates Smart Object containg your logo - this enables you to easily update content of that Object later, so you can use it as a template.

3. Transform your Smart Object (logo) to fit the right angle and scale (Cmd+T on Mac, Ctrl+T on Win), so it looks natural.

4. If you save this as a .PSD file for later use, then you can easily replace content of Smart Object, just go to Layers palette, find appropriate layer/object, right click and select Replace (or Update, don't remember...).

Hope it helped!

This really helped me.. thank you

#5 IIICCCOOO

IIICCCOOO

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

the internet is full of examples of business materials that you can use. just do not know how much is allowed here. At 99 design no problem here but see the rules.

#6 Biker

Biker

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Nice post... i try this....

#7 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hi,

Hope it helped!

Very nice and detailed post! Another way (if you have the logo or design in Ai) instead of File->Place is to just copy and paste directly into Photoshop as a smart object

#8 Mabding

Mabding

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hi,

Hope it helped!

This was really useful .. thanks a lot :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users